Family - it's where your story begins.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

What am I? Chopped liver?

The boys came home from school yesterday and immediately asked for a snack. A cookie? I said they could have yogurt. I gave them yogurt. Things were fine until...

The oldest, 11, mentioned he was going outside to do chores and he asked his little brother to put firewood by the fireplace. That was the last of it (the conversation and any thought of doing chores) as they both started playing some made-up game. They were shooting each other with those foam-disk guns. They played loudly (while I was trying to do some reading for book discussion group) and I asked them to be quiet.

Thirty minutes or so later, their dad walked in and guess what? The oldest immediately put his shoes on and started doing chores! Ugh!!! I felt angry because why is it that when dad appears, the kids decide to finally do their chores??

No comments: