Family - it's where your story begins.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Food likes/dislikes

Today I ate a Ding Dong. You remember those - Hostess makes them. I last had one as a kid, I'm sure. My husband bought some for our boys, and yesterday my youngest wanted one as a snack after school. I said, "Sure, but save me one because I never had any out of the last box." I gave him one and picked one to save for myself.

I brought it to work with me today and had it for my morning snack. It was actually 11 o'clock when I ate it. Sure, it was kind of tasty, but nothing like I imagined it would be. I thought it was going to be super moist and would melt in my mouth. This was not the case. It had kind of that fake-o artificial chocolate taste. And you know what? It gave me a stomachache!

After eating it, I recalled how I had eaten a Twinkie a few years back and it made me ill as well. Too much sugar and artificial everything. Those goodies that I ate as a kid - I cannot handle them anymore. They don't taste as good as I remember. I guess that's why they are geared towards kids. Adults know better and stay away!

No comments: